Well I hope everyone had a spectacular Thanksgiving - I know I did! Don came back to Knoxville Wednesday late afternoon. He had planned an activity for the Young Men to come over and play games and socialize. I was supposed to be working that night but got called off due to patients canceling (sickness). I participated in some of their games, including a portion of their Wii tournament they had...until I was sent on a Pizza run. Everyone did well and had fun.Don and I left the next morning for Winchester, TN to have Thanksgiving. What a feast! Tender Turkey, stuffing, veggies, Rolls, Potatoes and of course...PIES. Don had been recovering from the Flu he had the previous week and successfully convinced everyone that pumpkin pie always makes him feel better. He managed to achieve the biggest slice and multiple "seconds". The rest of the stay was spent playing with my Ben and Heather's niece (inlaw) Caitlin, and with the animals-- taking pictures, watching movies and playing games. Saturday morning Don and I as well as Mom, Dad, Brittany and Jay left for the 8am Nashville Temple session. It was wonderful to go through the temple again and enjoy the spirit and personal promptings. We are so blessed to live this close to a Temple of the Lord. Read the article on p. 20 of the December Ensign....3hrs to Nashville never seemed so short. The Saints in North America are truly fortunate. Afterward Don and I left for Knoxville and spent the rest of the evening together. What a great weekend!

2 comments:
Sounds like you had so much fun! :) Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! Happy Holidays!
Do you guys always hve to look like models?? Just checking! Anyway, I am glad you had a good thanksgiving actually getting to see your hubby!
Post a Comment