(Cute Tigger....just because)
Carter is 1 month old today! I swear it feels like we just brought him home yesterday. Nonetheless here he is, a whole month older. Don and I have found our groove a little and Carter seems to be adjusting to the routine. He continues to eat well, sucking down what seems like a ton of breastmilk - from 4 to 5oz a feeding - which is regularly every 2.5-4 hrs. He is sleeping better during the night and we look forward to the day he will sleep the entire night. His blond hair continues to thicken, though the back is getting a little frizzy and shorter from his sleep position. His eyes are a much lighter blue now and he practices lifting his head and following objects more and more. Yeah for milestones! Don and I measured him the other day and he was over 23.5 inches. He has a checkup appointment with the doctor on Monday, so I am anxious to see how much he weighs now. I can tell a difference!
We took Carter to visit my parents in Winchester, TN on Monday. A nice 3+ hour drive from our home here in Knoxville. Carter always falls asleep in the car but I was not sure about the extended length. He did wonderfully though, and we only had to stop once for a feeding and diaper change; when I drove back Thursday we made it home without any stops. Go Carter!We had fun in Winchester and got in plenty of Grammy and Grandpa time. My brother Ben and his wife Heather came down with their little one, Alli - who is 4 months older than Carter. They looked so cute together...cousins met for the first time!
Carter (1 month) and Alli (5 month)










2 comments:
He is a cute kid!
He really is adorable :) and the cousins look like best friends in the making.
Post a Comment