Don has been busy studying for the GMAT (grad school entrance exam) and will take that next Thursday (Sept.2nd). Hopefully he will get a good score because he has some high standard schools he wants to apply for. We'll see! Once he finishes that test he will look for employment full time. For those who might not know, Don was laid off the last day of June. It's okay though, more of a blessing since the management he was working for were quite unruly. We have faith in the Lord and in his blessings. Faith without works is dead though, so we are trying and doing our part too to find a job. We have some great options at this time - and pretty local too so hopefully no moving till Grad school!
Below are some various photos from the month...and a recipe at the end...enjoy!
(Click on the Pic to Make It Larger!)
FOOD
First time eating Cheerios...I made them soggy thinking it would help - okay, who likes soggy? No one that's who!
This teether bag is the best thing ever! I put any fruit or veggie in it and instant happy boy and relaxed mom (knowing he won't choke)

------------------------------------------
KITCHEN FUN


------------------------------------------------
I'm a Window Kinda Guy


--------------------------------------------
First Horse Show!
We went to a local show that I use to compete at many years ago - he really liked the pony halter class - Those ponies were adorable!


---------------------------------------------------
Will You Eat Green Eggs and Ham In a Box?

-----------------------------------------------------
$3.00 Mini Golfing? Yes please!
Last month Don, Carter and I went on a little date. Right down the street from us is the local park, complete with a quaint little mini golf section. It was only $3.00. I love cheap dates! It was so muggy out, wow! You can see the sweat dripping off of Don in the pictures. Carter had fun, though it will be easier when he can walk by himself around the place. :)


----------------------------------------------
Just Some Happy Boy Shots

----------------------------------------------------------
If you've made it this far in the blog post - thank you! I need to post more often so I don't have to make them so long! Here is the recipe I promised earlier.
I was thinking of what to make for dinner the other day and I saw on a friends blog that she made homemade tortillas. Mmmmmm I thought! That would be good! So I cooked up a pound of lean hamburger, added some chili spices, black beans, tomatoes and green chilies. Topped with some cheese (I love cheese!) Than I made the tortillas, which were super easy!
(tip: I like my tortillas thicker and soft - so don't roll out as thin and cook for slightly less time)
Here are Mine...

(Click on the Pic to Make It Larger!)
FOOD
First time eating Cheerios...I made them soggy thinking it would help - okay, who likes soggy? No one that's who!
This teether bag is the best thing ever! I put any fruit or veggie in it and instant happy boy and relaxed mom (knowing he won't choke)

------------------------------------------
KITCHEN FUN


------------------------------------------------
I'm a Window Kinda Guy


--------------------------------------------
First Horse Show!
We went to a local show that I use to compete at many years ago - he really liked the pony halter class - Those ponies were adorable!


---------------------------------------------------
Will You Eat Green Eggs and Ham In a Box?

-----------------------------------------------------
$3.00 Mini Golfing? Yes please!
Last month Don, Carter and I went on a little date. Right down the street from us is the local park, complete with a quaint little mini golf section. It was only $3.00. I love cheap dates! It was so muggy out, wow! You can see the sweat dripping off of Don in the pictures. Carter had fun, though it will be easier when he can walk by himself around the place. :)


----------------------------------------------
Just Some Happy Boy Shots

----------------------------------------------------------
If you've made it this far in the blog post - thank you! I need to post more often so I don't have to make them so long! Here is the recipe I promised earlier.
I was thinking of what to make for dinner the other day and I saw on a friends blog that she made homemade tortillas. Mmmmmm I thought! That would be good! So I cooked up a pound of lean hamburger, added some chili spices, black beans, tomatoes and green chilies. Topped with some cheese (I love cheese!) Than I made the tortillas, which were super easy!
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/2 Cup shortening (crisco)
- 3/4 Cup Hot water
(tip: I like my tortillas thicker and soft - so don't roll out as thin and cook for slightly less time)
Here are Mine...


No comments:
Post a Comment