Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting Close! *PICTURES post*

It seems I've skimped out on blog posting lately. I just laid Carter done for bed, and decided to get on here and write a new post. Don is gone right now at a church leadership meeting, and the two of us had been gone all morning and afternoon at the Nashville LDS Temple. We had the great opportunity to clean! We've never done it before and we were in charge of the crystal cleaning in the Sealing room, Bridal room and Celestial room. It was a very cool experience, and makes me appreciate things in the Temple a lot more too. There a more than 4,000 crystals in the Celestial room chandelier alone! Whew! Tedious work, but was worth it. My mother watched Carter while we were away. I really did not want to go at first, since Carter has not been feeling well these last few days. He seems to have a cold, plus the signs of RSV. Yuck! Our poor little guy. Hopefully we caught it in time and the M-End DM syrup we are giving him will nip it out! Oh how we take for the granted the simple ability to *Blow Our Nose*! Life would be soooooo much easier if infants/toddlers mastered this important technique and skill.

I guess I skipped Carters 11 month, because he turns A YEAR OLD next Thursday!! Wow, a year old. What an exciting, educational and happy, sad, crazy year its been! :) A lot of people I talk to are sad when their baby's start to get older but I am ecstatic! I love this older age and all the things he can do! He can stand, walk, run, interact, motion, communicate and express himself so much better now! Perhaps with the second child I will appreciate the younger months better because I will slightly know what to expect. I can't wait to see what all the cool things we are going to do this coming year!

We are having Carter's birthday celebration next Saturday, on the 20th. It will be low key, at our home. My parents, brother and family and Don's sister/family in Alabama will be coming. I pray Carter will not freak with all the people, and I hope he has fun with his little cake!
I will wait till next week, after I have birthday pictures, to post all the things Carter can do now and what we have learned as parents. For now I will just post pics that I neglected y'all with :)

Today, out in the park Dribbling the soccer ball. He is actually very talented!


--------------------
LOVES LOVES LOVES bath time! As you can see, he is anxious to get in that tub!



---------------
Flying around with Daddy
Mr. Cutie
--------------------------------
He just woke up and I brought him into my room to help me make the bed. I turned around and found him inside his car seat adapter. Silly boy!


-------------------------
Hello Camera! Hello Blue Eyes...

---------------------
Strutting his awesomeness, what a handsome boy!
-----------------------
Running in the front yard
-----------
I get a nervous every time Don does this,
but Carter LOVES it. I pray he never misses him!


----------------
Don and Carter flexing their muscles while doing a fashion walk of their cargo shorts for me...Silly Boys!

--------------
Carter shows that "Milk Does A Body Good", he can already do a pull-up!
---------------------
....Time for a haircut? I think so...
-------------
He loves to climb into the laundry when I am trying to fold it
----------------
A walk by the lake one afternoon


p.s. Don and I are doing well. Staying very busy with our projects as well as Grad school applications, essays, transcripts and everything else that goes into the process. (it's a pain in the B-U-T-T!) Hopefully we'll have a better idea soon of where we will be heading. Until then Don is continuing to work for a friend building a house. He is enjoying the hard work and learning experience and opportunity to earn some money till school. We have had a recent develop in a "real" job, so details on that will come soon.

2 comments:

Helena said...

about the nose-blowing. A baby nurse friend taught us how they do it in the hospital. You put saline in and kind of smoosh their nose around to really get it in there, may need to repeat, and use that blue bulb sucker thing the hospital gives you while holding the other nostril shut.

Good luck. I hope he feels better soon.

Smith1230 said...

yeah use the bulb syringe...its the best thing to use. I hope he doesn't have RSV. Alli came down with a runny nose this morning...She might have got it from Carter...or it could just be allergies..I hope just allergies.