Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthdays

Don and I had a wonderful time celebrating each other's special days this weekend. Don was born on the 4th and I on the 7th. Ever since we started dating we combined our October days. This year was special because Don's birthday was during General Conference on Saturday. We went to the church that morning, then out to our date/birthday/lunch that afternoon (PF Changs) then back to church for the evening portion.
While Don was at priesthood that night I made his birthday "cake" which was really a brownie chocolate death trap (per his request). This "cake" consisted of double chocolate brownie mix, with chocolate chunks. Mixed then half is poured in the pan, followed by Hersey Milk Chocolate bars placed over that layer (thanks for the idea Jenn C.!), then piled on with the rest of the brownie mix. Cooked to gooey perfection then topped with rich chocolate fudge. Was VERY rich!
Sunday we were blessed again to listen to General Conference at church and watch a movie together that night. Monday we went hiking in the National Smokey Mountains and then today Don made me a delicious Enchilada dinner before work. Don is now 26 and I 24 years old. What a great weekend! Below are some pictures!

5 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Happy Birthday, you guys! Looks like you had a blast!

Lindsey Rose said...

Happy Brithday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday Don and Ashley, Happy Birthday to you!!! Okay, so writing it to you is better than me singing it! I hope you guys had a great birthday celebration! We love YA!

brian.corrales said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great birthday. that's fun having your birthdays so close together. If you're looking for a cake that is simply sinful, check out this that Helena made for my birthday: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-mousse-cake-recipe/index.html.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Thank you Ya'll! ---and I am going to check out that link Brian, because we love chocolate in our family! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Oh Happy Birthday!! :-D I LOVE P.F Changs. That place is awesome. :-D Sounds like you guys had a nice weekend.