Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hey Baby

I am now officially proclaiming that I am pregnant,- 9 weeks and 4 days to be exact. What a cool experience thus far! April 9th I had my first OB-GYN appointment to check on the baby, draw blood and make sure everything was in order. It was surreal to watch that tiny heart flicker on the ultrasound screen! I still can't believe I have "someone" growing inside of me! I am very happy and comfortable with the doctor (thank you Lindsey for the for the doc suggestion!) and he said everything looks great and the baby is growing properly. Yeah!

So far the first trimester has been good to me. I got a little sick while on our cruise a few weeks back, and have been nauseous normally everyday but certainly nothing that is unmanageable. I am blessed to not be one of those women that are spilling their guts out everyday. There have been times when I wish my body would just throw up because I would feel SO much better! Nausea can be a beast!

The baby is suggested to arrive around November 20th, give or take some. Gosh, that will be here before we know it! We are very excited though! We are still trying to figure out names. funny,we had some thought of a while back and now they don't have the same zest. Back to square one. It's hard trying to decide what the baby will be known as the rest of their life! Maybe I should take a tip from George Foreman and name them all the same thing...hmmm

2 small things I have learned thus far in my little 9 weeks.

1: The wish for a zipper on my elastic band pants after eating dinner at work can be a scary life
changing moment.
2: I have come to the conclusion that the "pregnancy glow" everyone talks about must happen
in the 2nd trimester

..I'll keep updating this as the weeks progress...

9 comments:

Smith1230 said...

1.I never thought I had the "glow"...still don't think I do.
2. My nausea went away as soon as my hCG levels spiked and started to decline. I think that was around week 10 or 11. can't remember...my hCG levels were really high so I think that's why I felt so sick.
It gets better ;)

Katy Beth said...

Aw...congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!! Parenthood is a wonderful blessing.

I have to say though, I know very few pregnant women who thought they had "the glow". I sure didn't! I'm so glad you aren't very sick. It's brutal! haha

Unknown said...

I love the little things you've learned. :) And don't jinx yourself! I didn't get nausea until 9 weeks! Hopefully you never get too bad. :) Oh Ash, I'm sooo excited for you! Congrats! Seeing that heartbeat (and hearing it) is one of the most amazing things ever. :)

Helena said...

Congratulations! You're so strong to wait this long to announce it. Ya, I just unbutton my pants and make sure to have a long shirt on. A rubber band holding the button to the hole is always a classic look.

And pregnancy isn't glamorous. nobody tells you that, but then you read the symptoms in pregnancy books. I figure it's why God wants us to be married before having babies, a stable relationship before the mood swings, fatigue, food issues, and stretch marks appear.

Katina Angola said...

I am so happy for you 2! What Does Tiger think about all this?

Unknown said...

I WAS SOOOOO happy when I heard the news...you guys are going to be some of the BEST parents EVER!! I can't wait for you.

Amber D. said...

Yay! Babynames.com was a big help for us! Congrats to the two of you!

Beveridge Blab said...

Hey that is great news! I am so happy for you both. It is a great thing, scary but great. I never had the glow, but people said I did, I think its something that other people see. I was sick until about 20 weeks, I hope that doesn't happen to you.

Donna said...

I tell people I don't have a glow-just oily skin! Glad you are not to sick. I have the 5 yard dash to the bathroom down!