Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Chewing the cud

(Oak Ridge Museum of Science)

Wow, it has been a month already? Golly! Well, I am heading toward my 14th week of pregnancy. I think I will take a picture and post it up on Friday, my "new" prego. week mark. I am not showing a whole lot, though I do feel like a bloated cow. Guess it comes with the territory. :)
I had an OB appointment last Tuesday. I had to step on that fun electronic scale (12.5 week preg=134lb), gave a sample of my well functioning kidneys, then finished with blood pressure. Dr. McKeown then came in and checked the babies heart out. He searched for a moment with the handheld ultrasound until we heard that loud thumping of the tiny babies heart. 168bpm. "Yep", he said,"You're certainly pregnant!" .... "That, or I have a serious problem" I commented back. Nice to get a chuckle out of the doc.
I am so excited for the 20th week ultrasound. Excited and very nervous! Is it a boy, a girl?? All the organs in place and whole, everything functioning well? Yikes, I am so nervous! ...Don is convinced it's a boy. However, according to the Chinese calendar, and the high heart rate, and the pencil over the wrist trick it will be a girl. HaHa...we'll see. I would love a boy first. Older brother to take care of a younger sister would be nice. :)
As far as sickness goes I have been very blessed. I have not been subject to often conversations with the toliet, and outside of being tired and nauseous a few times a day it's been good. I am still able to get things done, work, clean, exercise. Infact, Don and I am running a 5k June the 6th. I am of course going to jog it more than full out run but I am sure my sprinter husband will take off and leave me all alone. That's okay though, I made a shirt that should warn all those swiftly passing me why I am "power-walking" this one. I'll have to post a picture, but it says "Baby's First 5K" with an arrow pointing down toward my belly on the front. The back say's "watch for road bumps and belly bump" ..Baby's First 5k 2009
So I am more excited to wear the shirt more than to run :)

7 comments:

Helena said...

I love the shirt idea, although it wouldn't make me run. You should recover nicely in November with how active you are.

Unknown said...

Cute idea with the shirt, Ash. :)
We hoped for a boy too, for the same reasons, but now that we've got our little girl, we can't imagine it any other way! :-D Either way, you'll be a great mom. :)

Smith1230 said...

Sounds like fun. I'll miss you at the baby shower! Would be fun to show off my newly preggers sister in law.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Heather - We will be there later that day! I will miss the shower :-( But still have your gift! We can have some fun--plus the Fergies will be there! hehe :D

Smith1230 said...

Yeah we haven't heard from Daniel and Megan yet as to what their schedule is that week. We don't know when we'll be seeing them for sure. They were going to try to stay at our house one of the nights.

Lindsey Rose said...

I am so excited for you to run! And I love the shirt idea! You guys are great. I cant even run 5K and I am not prego. I hope you and Don had fun together laast weekend, we missed you!

Katina Angola said...

that will be a cute shirt. Dont forget pics!