Sunday, June 7, 2009

Run Forrest,

Don and I are heading towards our 17th week of pregnancy...I say Don and I because he seems to be getting rounder with me. He claims, and I quote - "It's Sympathy Weight".... ;) All is well though in the world of expanding waist bands and I am feeling much better ever since switching my prenatal vitamin to 2 Flintstone vitamins instead. Funny because they did not bother me at all until I hit my 2nd trimester and then I started getting really sick.

This Tuesday I have a OB appointment to check the babies heart, get weighed etc...but THEN the following appointment will be the biggie! The much anticipated 20th week ultrasound! Unless I am missing something and my Dr. is going to do it on Tuesday (which would be exciting!) I am confident that we will be finding out the gender on the 20th week. We are extremely excited for the news, and even though Don is assured it is a baby boy, we will be satisfied just as well with a girl. Names however are still an issue we are running into...I supposed we still have a few months to settle on that mystery.

Don and I ran a 5k yesterday morning in Morristown, TN. It was very enjoyable- beautiful weather- and even though I know my husband can run a fast few miles he kept his pace back with his slow wife. *True Love*. We ran in 27 mins. Not bad, not bad. I will take that for 4+months pregnant. Don actually got 3rd place in his division. I on the other hand had some of the top 10 fastest in the whole race running in the female 20-24yrs division. I was hoping they would call out during the awards ceremony a secret mystery pregnancy division.....maybe....just maybe! ...In the end we left with just Don's award...
Pre-Race Picture
(Baby's First 5k Shirt...front)

Post Race Picture


Yay We Finished!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You really do actually show in that picture Ashley...amazing....We are so excited for you guys...I hope it's a girl!!!!

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

truth:


I might be sticking my belly out just a tad....

Mom said...

Looks like your really sticking out that belly...looks cute...congrats on the 5K

Lindsey Rose said...

I am soo proud of you! You guys are great, and your belly does look cute. You really are not showing that much though, I looked on Sunday! I need to see the sirt in person because I cant see it on the picts.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

well...it's not that I am "sticking out"..I am merely not standing straight nor sucking in.. :-P

Dana Scarbrough said...

No one would know that you're pregnant if you didn't state it! You're so cute!

Smith1230 said...

Ashley you are too cute! I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Jason Heilpern said...

So I take it the flinstones vitamins taste fine after being spilled all over the floor...lol????

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

HaHa Jason -> The extra proteins from the keratinized follicles of my cats' body is always a wonderful addition to the Flintstone bottle.