Monday, August 31, 2009

Second post for the day,

When you hear the word "band" you might instantly think rock band, or highschool band, or even band-aide. I however have discovered a wonderful product and another association with the word band. Belly Band! Or... BeBand to be exact. This ingenious piece of cloth is designed to extend your pre-pregnancy jeans by covering any unbuttoned/unzipped portions. It also (obviously) keeps your pants from falling off, and it also adds a nice extension or layering effect to any shirt. I absolutely love it! I use it with my work pants, jeans, even skirts. I bought a black band as well as a white. They are found at many different stores, especially maternity outlets - however I bought mine at Target. Can be slightly expensive, at around $16.99 - but that is nothing compared to buying new jeans! With this band I am still wearing my normal jeans at 7 months! I highly recommend it to any pregnant girl. They move and give freely to my actions and most importantly allow me to sit down comfortably -without any digging in or unnecessary belly pressure. I have alos discovered that they make a great "half-under shirt" for any low cut tops. Just slide it up and over your bra and BAM! You have an instant cleavage coverage without wearing a whole other bulky tank top or cami. I am going to utilize this band even after my pregnancy. Just the fact that it makes my "shirts" instantly longer is good enough for me. So... I recommend for ALL!

The Band


I like to tuck in my undershirt if I am wearing one. Then you don't have to worry about that getting bulky under your shirt.


Easy Easy - all smooth!


...and there ya go! Two thumbs up for the Belly Band product!



(personal reference: 28 weeks pic)

4 comments:

Terra said...

I like how tigger is loitering in the background in that last photo :)

My sister and sister-in-law are all lovers of the belly band- for the same reasons you have stated.

Kurtz Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those too!!! Oh how I miss them.... no pulling your pants up when you squat down to put leg wires on... no belly hanging out the bottom of your shirt... and yes those amazing things let me wear my favorite 7 jeans until around 8 months and I broke down and bought maternity jeans from Gap, LOVED those too ;) You'll definitely wear them after, they are supposed to be good for your belly to help it shrink back up too, if you need any jeans I have a ton that don't fit anymore from where I lost more than my baby weight... some would work great for post natal... and they are so cute!! I thought about selling them but if you just need to borrow some let me know!!!

The Fergi Fam said...

Okay, I'm intrigued... I read this when you posted it and can't stop thinking about it. I think I need to buy one because pants are SOOOO expensive! The question I have is What about the zipper and button? Does it make weird lines? Is it really tight, like good support and really keep those things up? Just curious...oh yeah and which is better motherhood or target?

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Megan -->

I have found that you can see the button/zipper with the band from Motherhood M. but not as well with the Target one (especially the black band)... At least for me they are plenty tight to keep my pants or skirts up - however, if you are really sensitive to pressure over your belly I would either get a size larger than the size chart on the back says, or just fold them down. I have gotten use to having this up high because it smoothes everything out - but "low slung" is nice too to take any pressure off the baby bump. =-) Good Luck! I saw try one for sure!