Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dinner and Music,

We made it back from our trip Monday the 3rd. Unfortunately we did not take any pictures! Boo that! I will try to get some from the other family members when they get them downloaded. It was a lot of fun though, and the weather was very nice. It did rain that first day, but we arrived safely and had a wonderful time at the Denver temple doing sealings that evening. The rest of the week was full of family conversations and games. Don and I were blessed to get a room to ourself this year, and a real bed! With 10 children in the family, then combine spouses and children getting you're own place is a big privilege! That first morning however, we were awakened suddenly by some wonderful and uhhhh "fun" smelling silly string blasted all over us! Ah family reunions.... We got him back later....
It was a great trip though and we look forward to next year with our new little boy! Don's sister, Annette, had her 3rd son that previous Sunday and we got to enjoy the baby blessing the following Sunday when we were there. Then that Friday Don's brother, Bruce had their 2nd girl! Lot's of babies. Don's other brother, Michael are due with their 2nd in October, Don and I in November, and Don's sister, Michelle,with their 2nd boy in January! Wow! 5 new grand babies for Grandma Glenda. Very excited for next years reunion indeed!
My sister Brittany and brother-in-law Jay are visiting Tennessee for a bit before the semesters starts again out in BYU-I. They are at my parents place in middle TN. Mom Dad Britt and Jay all came up last Friday for a date/early anniversary celebration. Brittany and Jay will celebrate their 2nd year of marriage on the 30th. Jay has been planning this date for months and wanted Don and I to join in on the fun. We all had dinner and music aboard the Tennessee Riverboat which took us a mile down the TN river. The food was delicious and the weather perfect for a ferry ride! Was a fun night, too bad it was so short. :)
Baby is continuing to do well. He is kicking a lot more violently now! He certainly likes to stretch. My next appointment is the 1st and it is the wonderful Glucose test, where I get to drink the scrumptious sugar treat. Everyone says it is like a real sugary soda...haha...so we will see. 6 and a half months pregnant now! Wow...he'll be here before we know it!

Sorry -not sure why they did not show up Horizontal....??







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute photos!!!! And you Finally look pregnant! :-D Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a bawl...now we know where don gets his sense of humor..any family that silly strings wake up calls is good in my book.

Terra said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time! I'm actually going to go visit one ofo my sisters this weekend- she lives in Fort Colllins, CO, so I'll be thinking of you:)

It sounds like everything is going really well wit the baby - I'm glad.

I miss you guys!