Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away,


Tomorrow Don and I fly out to Colorado for our yearly "Dennis" get-together. We are excited for getting off the plane and going right to the Denver Temple! We are going to try and get a session in before driving up to Longmont where Don is from. Though, these Thunderstorms that are rolling in are making me a little uneasy. I really don't care for flying. I will do it, and have never avoided a trip because of this little fear, but it certainly is not making this trip easier knowing we are supposed to be have storms all tomorrow in both Nashville (fly out) and Denver (fly in). Pray for our safe flight! Eeeek ......though, positive side: I am now 2 days shy of 6 months pregnant... this means we get first dibs boarding the plane, right?? I think I am going to make a special request. That being if I can use the "Captains bathroom"...you know, the one with the soft towels, cherry wood cabinets, and plush toilet seat. You know they have to have one. Just because I am pregnant. I'll ask, for fun.

I am also a little nervous to be leaving Tigger, our cat here alone for 5 days. We have been gone that long before, but these last few days he has appeared under the weather and lethargic. He did not eat his cat food, and seems "blah". I hate leaving knowing he might be getting sick.... :-( I don't want to bring him to the vet though, because that would cause a lot of anxiety and stress and make him worse I am sure. Poor guy! Pray for his health!

As far as any pregnancy updates go, everything is progressing smoothly. All of a sudden my belly is HUGE! I look pregnant now, without a doubt! Our boy is kicking and moving more and more and Don was very excited that past weekend when he was home to feel him kick. It really is an amazing thing! I have an OB appointment on the 4th for some belly measuring and the like. I am nervous to step on that weight scale though. I fear the Doc is going to tell me I am gaining too quickly! HaHa...because my scale at home is going nuts! I need to stop stepping on it.... you know it's bad when the electronic voice says "Only One at a Time".

5 comments:

Smith1230 said...

Try not to stress over it. Just eat healthy like you know how. Have balanced meals with healthy snacks in between. Your weight will be fine!

The Fergi Fam said...

LOL worse things have happened than gaining too fast. With both my boys I didn't gain an ounce until I stopped throwing up at about 14 weeks an then I gained 40 pounds in 4 1/2 months!!!! All I could do was laugh! Good luck with everything!!! It's so fun to feel baby move!!! :)

Lindsey Rose said...

We will miss you have a good time though. If you need me to check on Tigger I would be happy to! Love ya and be safe!

Dana Scarbrough said...

LOL that is hilarious. I didn't keep a scale while I was prego, just afterwards. If you're eating healthy, no worries. I also lost 20 lbs and then gained PLENTY very quickly, your baby will be healthy and strong!

Jenn C said...

So, did you get to use the fancy bathroom? Have a great trip!
-Jenn