Friday, March 19, 2010

Growing,

There is something exciting about the advancement into the 4 month. I cannot say exactly what it is, but Carter can all of a sudden do so many new things! He discovered his feet the other week and can't get enough of them - which in turn has made him aware he can roll over easily with his feet up toward the ceiling. We are keeping his room much warmer now because he does not keep his blanket on. He'll stick his feet up and kick till it is securely under him -silly boy! (p.s. still loving this no-swaddle milestone!)

Carter had his doctor appointment today and shots. What a trooper, he did so well with them. Just a little crying (those thighs are tender now.) New 4 month old stats:

Height: 26.3 inches (96th %) --- Weight: 15.10 lbs (65th %)

Wow! He is growing so big! Healthy and Happy - we are so blessed. After getting the okay from the Doc we tried him on some Rice Cereal this evening for the first time. He did not know what to make of it at first and did not care for the idea. I gave him his milk instead and tried again afterward with the cereal. He gave it a much happier try the second time around. It is amazing to watch the learning process - the opening of the mouth, not knowing what to do with his tongue, trying to figure out the swallowing process - its fascinating. We love him!

Found My Feet



Happy Feet


I'm Cute


Happy Boy


Cute Chunk Rolls

---------------------------------------------------------------
*First Food Attempt*

Oooo Give Me The Goods Mom!


Ummm Not Sure About This


Take it Away!


Start the tears to show them I mean business


Much happier with my milk...yum yum


....Second Attempt:


I think I like this stuff...


I'm a Pro! I'll take the reins mom..err, spoon.


..and will wipe my own mouth!





4 comments:

Smith1230 said...

Holy cow his 4 mo stats are bigger than Alli at 6 mo. She was 25 in and 15 lbs at 6 mo...Sheesh

Alyssa/Jo said...

What a long baby!! (Or should I say tall?) He is super cute though no matter if he is long or tall. I'm loving the baby chunk rolls! Fat on a grown person is gross. Fat on a baby is cute. Who knows why!?

Terra said...

I love that fact that he's crying and pushing the food away while Don is trying to feed him all the while wearing his "I love Mommy" bib :)

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

haha thats me with a hat on TERRA! lol