I have been toying around with the idea of eliminating the swaddle blankets with Carter. He breaks out of them so much and always hates to be so tied down; yet the fact that he still jerks his arms around I thought he would never be able to sleep. I tried a few times with no real success, he just would never get a good nap without being swaddled. I decided to give it a go around last Thursday. He actually did real well with the naps during the day, but I swaddled him that night just to make sure he got enough sleep. I did his naps free style again on Friday and we decided to try and let him sleep the whole night arms free. He slept! He slept well! I checked on him only once, just to make sure the room was not too hot (we turned up the heat because of the lack on blankets) and he was sound asleep with arms out to his side. What a cutie. It is now Tuesday and he has yet to be swaddled again. I am loving this! We feed, play and when he shows signs of being fussy or tired the Binky goes in and he is out.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That's amazing. I"m totally jealous.
Congrats!! I hear the baby milestones are so huge especially when it comes to sleeping. I hear rice cereal is particularly exciting b/c the diaper is no longer a liquid explosion!
Congrats Ash. I was overjoyed when Alli didn't have to sleep swaddled anymore.
Post a Comment