Well we got there at 2pm, it was scheduled to start at 3. I got him checked in and then sat in the auditorium to give him his afternoon feeding. All went well, the children and parents came and the place was busting with fake hair, makeup, big dresses and little girls up on stage practicing there smiles and walk. Wow, I have never been to one before and was amazed, and disgusted at the same time at how "into" this pageant some of these families were. Don Carter and I were there just for a fun memory and time. I started noticing some cute little boys running around on stage, all decked out in vests and suits and I was wondering, hmmm what category are they in? Since there was only one divsion, 0-4 months that is. Then I got thinking...Oh! They did not mean months...they meant years! So Carter was in the 0-4years category. Oh...ha, great. How can my adorable, but only 4 month old compete with a blowing kisses-smiling-waving to the judges 4 year old? HeHe It was quite interesting.
I thought our class was going to be first, considering the age- but we ended up being 3rd in line. So, of course, after a full belly and 2 hrs later my little boy was happily sound asleep in my arms. Oh well I thought, sleeping babies are some of the cutest! Of course, they did explain the judging rules before it all started and those 5 yrs and under were going to be judged on facial beauty and personality in front of the judges...so not sure how sleeping would pass with them. Our class came, I lined up behind the curtains and what do ya know - my Carter-cub woke up all happy and ready to go! He was smiling and cooing and I thought he had this in the bag. No judge could resist this cute-ness. He was by far the youngest, the next being almost 9 months old and the others walking around. We were the last to go. I was behind the curtain waiting for his name to be called and the lady there to direct everyone comes up to Carter and just starts making sounds and telling him how cute he was, etc...but she was all up in his face, and loud and my poor Carter got the look of horror on his face and started screaming....then our name was called. ..... HaHa My adorable smiling son was now a red faced screaming banchee as we walked to the designated "X's" on stage and tried to impress the judges. I could not help but laugh. We quickly exited the scene and he was completely fine once we were out of the spot light. Needless to say crying does not win over the judges....and we left the pageant with a "Thank-you for Participating High-on the Hog pig" stuff animal. The cute spiked hair, hamming up to the judges and audience 4 year old won. What a afternoon! What an experience and memory, we had fun - but unfortunately Don was not able to take any pictures. We got one though, on our little man crying on stage. hehe poor thing. He will never do another competition till he is old enough to walk and talk... and more importantly, wants to do it on his free will.
Not Happy

At home with pig



and another one, because he is our B-B-Cutie King

------------------------------------------------------------
I was making cookies for FHE tonight and Carter was bored being on my hip putting ingredients into a bowl so I brought in a banket and his toys to the kitchen. He soon grew bored of grabbing toys and rolling over; so belly time it was. He loves to crumble paper and soon he was in full throttle on one of my baby magazines....I just love him!
Uhmmmm I'm not doing anything wrong
Irresitible

-----------------------------------------------------
The Cookies...super delish!

Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 Cup Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbl Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Chocolate kisses/hugs



4 comments:
That is hilarious about the beauty pageant! Poor little Carter. He would have won had it not been for that lady!! I hear pageants can be pretty intense for the people that eat, sleep, and dream for them.
Your cookies look delicious. I'll have to try out that recipe!
My brother used to have problems with people who would freak his kids out by getting all up in their faces because they thought they were cute, but even after they made them cry they would just keep on freaking them out!
Carter looked adorable in his little suite :) He was robbed!
I bet that lady felt soooo bad. I would have. And you know that I would have been like that lady to get all up in his face.
You guys are beauty pageant rookies. You gotta get tough and tell the lady to backoff of your rockstar because he is working. :)
What a fun memory.
that lady probably did it on purpose. Carter was adorable
Post a Comment