Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Thumbs Up,



Carter had his 2 month check-up and shots. The doctor at Centennial Pediatrics in Murfreesboro was very sweet and handled Carter well. He took his shots like a trooper, with minimal crying and slept almost all the way home. She said he looked great and everything checked out. Here are his stats at 2 months:
Height: 23.6 inches Weight: 13 lbs 13 oz

According to the charts that puts him in the 90th percentile for weight and off the charts for height. He's a growing boy that's for sure! He eats 5-6oz per feeding now, almost like clockwork every 3 hours and sleeping normally from 11:30ish to 6am! Of course there are a few interruptions throughout the night...like a diaper change or needing to re-swaddle, but he's progressing with great speed!
We started the "Baby Can Read" series and he is actually paying attention to the TV and words really well. We will see where this goes. I would say the hardest part of all these transitions is letting him cry and calm himself in the crib. It breaks my heart to let him have it out, and often he gets so sweaty in the process. Hopefully this will be best for him in the long run. I am still learning his cries and when to interfere and when to leave alone. Such a delicate science!

Loves the rocker toys


Getting so Strong!


Wut Up My Homie!

5 comments:

Smith1230 said...

haha that last picture is priceless

Unknown said...

There is nothing like first time parents..in the whole world. I am glad that you are blogging so that you can look back at yourself as a first timer...seriously, baby can read at two months? You guys are on the ball.

Now, if you are still doing that with baby #2 or 3, then I will really be impressed.

he is a dolly face. And he does have some of the best parents.

Helena said...

Yes, I always figure it's more fair to both of you for him to learn to fall asleep on his own. It saves you so much sleep and they learn pretty quickly when they cry it out a bit. I try and be consistent, same bedtime routine, make sure they're calm and comfortable (dry and not hungry)and leave so they don't have to wonder how much crying will get mom back. In bed is in bed. Esme doesn't even cry, she just falls asleep on her own. I have more ideas, but i'll stop.

Katina Angola said...

you'll have to let me know how that "baby can read" goes

Shannon Hairr said...

LOVE that last one!!