Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Atlanta

This past weekend was the Youth Temple trip down to the Atlanta Temple. Don is the Young Mens president so he was going to go journey with them and I decided to tag along on the 3hr drive to do a session. We all met at the church building at 6:30am and piled the kids into designated cars and started out on our trip. The Elijah Project was the title for the youth and was special because they had been working on getting their own family names ready for baptisms. 3 hrs and one missed turn later we arrived at the Temple grounds and quickly got our things together. I was able to make it just in time for the 10:30 session. It was a great experience to be back at the Atlanta Temple as this was the location my home ward (Tullahoma, TN ward) attended before the building of the Nashville Temple and I had not been back since 2001. The youth had a great experience and expressed a lot of excitement for having done relatives. After enjoying the Temple grounds for a little we then headed over to the Cheesecake Factory as planned. Wow, few words come to mind: Large portions, Expensive Meals, Immaculate Cheesecakes and one sore belly! Funny, because I don't even like Cheesecake (gasp! I know...) and was the only one that did not engage myself in that supposed culinary delight. Still, it was fun to watch everyone drool- then experience "eaters remorse" and regretfully shuffle there way out of the restaurant into the cars. What a great day!

4 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

It souns like you guys had so fun. Doug had a great time driving down with you two. The picture is darling even if it wouldn't turn!

Katina Angola said...

YOu dont like Cheesecake?!?!?! I wish I didnt like cheescake, I might be 20 lbs lighter.

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

HaHa Silly Girl :-D

Unknown said...

Cute picture! Sounds like a great day. :) I don't like cheesecake either. I totally understand. :) But really, it sounds like you had a really nice day. :)