Why am I so blessed? I truly don't deserve what I have. Never would I have thought to marry such a wonderful man! He really is on such a higher level then I am that I don't know why he sticks around...okay, maybe I have a few guesses, but STILL! He's way too good to me.
This week has been kinda rough- I've just been getting down about working nights and never seeing him. He was gone all the other week so my already short time with him was cut down even more. I know I had a bad attitude, and was grumpy and not smiling- was just blah this and blah that - Poor Don. When I got home yesterday (Wed.) morning and opened the front door there was a note hanging from it. I arrived home around 7am this particular morning so the house was still dark and Don was, so I thought, still snuggled warm in bed asleep- (7:20 is his alarm time normally)-. The note read:
My Dearest Love,
I know this past few weeks have not been the most comfortable for you. However, I am proud to call you my "Best Friend". You make me laugh, smile and enjoy life. You also inspire me to be the best I can be. When you are smiling, my world is at peace. Oh, how I desire that you always smile. Ashley, I mean it when I say, "LIFE IS GOOD!"
And to prove to you that life is good, here is your first clue:
1. "Your health is the first step to wealth: -- start your day right with this cold drink...
(He Sent Me On A Treasure Hunt!! I was so excited that I just ran into the bedroom -KISSES! Then ran off to the kitchen to find this "cold drink") Next clue:
2. A good breakfast is not complete with just a glass of OJ, you need a fresh pastry...
(yummy orange juice! We have not had that in forever!---next clue)
3. You are onto a great start. Your appetite should be satisfied with your healthy breakfast. Now go to your bed for a tasty treat...
(there was a loaf of moist Rasin Bread in the pantry...I bolted off to the room for this tasty treat..and no, all you who are going "Oh I know What That Was!"..you're wrong! haha!)
(Don was laying there pretending to be asleep, but the big smile on his face was not fooling anyone...MORE KISSES! --then he threw my stuff animal (-yes I have a stuff animal..a donkey-) over to the corner of the room and there I saw the "Tasty Treat")
4. Every room in our "Mansion" deserves the best fresh mints in town, just a reminder that you are a Princess. Now go brush your teeth and get ready for bed...
(owww! I found these M&M mint things..looked good!)
---Well, I was lead all around the house from the tooth brush area to the oven, to the freezer, cupboard- till # 9, in the flowers, read:
9: Life is full of adventures. You onced asked me, "What is this all for?" I have two solid answers for you my Love.
a. Go to the top shelf of your Library...
(HORSES!!! If any of you know me at all its that I completely and wholly adore anything of the Equine persuasion)
10. That is correct, "I Want You To Have Your Horse Farm, For You, Our Children, and Those Special Individuals We Will Help and Serve."
a. But, the Second answer I cannot give to you now. That Prize onlycomes from a lifetime of serving one-another,obeying all the commandments and covenants, and living a long happy life together. Then, You and I will have the Great Prize that only the Ultimate Lover may grant.
Now, Minha Menina Bonita, Go rest your eyes, take courage, and dream of how wonderful life is now, with me! And lightly dream of the abundant tomorrow.
I Love You,
Love Always,
TB
--------
Okay, Now...do you see why I don't deserve this boy? He is SOOOOO good to me, and made me practically cry, not because it was so sweet, but because I was so grumpy the day before and really regretted it. I feel very much like a Princess, and will work hard to always smile, and that working my schedule now is just for a season. We will have a wonderful family soon, and one day, if we work hard enough, have that therapeutic riding center we've been dreaming about....AND....if we are really persistent, we WILL achieve that Celestial Life Together. Te Amo Muito Urinsho!!! (I love you a lot Teddy Bear!!!)
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I remember when Ben used to do stuff like this for me....used to...haha
HaHa Awwww Heather, I think that boy needs to have a few romantic arrows aimed his way...
Awwww!! Oh my gosh!! Ashley that is toooo cute!!! :-D How blessed you are! :-D Awww!!!!
Ashley, our boys are just alike! I had not read your post yet when I posted mine, that is so funny. It makes life all worth it to choose the perfect husband for you!
Don needs to give my husband lessons in how to be sweet like that!
Ashley, this post made me so happy for you...you guys are the sweetest couple ever...you take the cake...I was just telling Don the other day that you are going to make the most fabulous parents EVER. My kids adore both of you.
After playing school with Don at the church two weeks ago the kids have asked me every time since then when we have gone to the church if their teacher is going to be there.
i can't think of two people who I would want more to be the teacher of my children. REALLY! Thank you for being a great part of our lives and a strong example of how I want to live.
And, really life is beautiful!
Post a Comment