Friday, June 4, 2010

6.5 Months

Half a year old...wow. I have to say this is my favorite stage thus far. Carter is able to play, pick things up, and roll all around. I love it. We have a great routine down and I have a greater understanding of what his personality is and what he wants when he cries or is fussy. Life is good!
We went to the doctor yesterday for his check up and shots. I brought his favorite blanket to comfort him post-ordeal. After the nurse finished that third poke I quickly scooped him up and gave him his blanket. He buried his face right into it - so cute!

STATS

Weight: 18lbs (50+percentile) Height: 28" (90+percentile)



Here are some picks from the local park the other day....
(click to enlarge)











For Memorial Day (well that Sat) a group of us rented a Pontoon Boat and set out for a few hours on the lake. It was a lot of fun and was Carters first time out to "sea". He did a great job and did not mind the big bulky vest he wore. Don had fun getting in the water and trying to stay on the tube the boat pulled. What a fun weekend! We have some great friends here!

(Don was afraid to bring the camera onto the boat, so here is a cell phone pic)



2 comments:

Alyssa/Jo said...

One half down, lots of halves to go!

No offense to Carter, but when you are in a picture with him I look at you first. You are so gorgeous!

I love the story about how he buried his face in his blanket after getting his shots. I can just imagine it - how cute!

I'm so used to water still being cold around here that to think about swimming makes me shiver. I guess the water does get warmer faster since it doesn't get as cold there...

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Thanks for the sweet comment Alyssa! That makes me feel good, because I think you are so gorgeous too! I am jealous of your 1)skin tone, 2)eye brows, 3) Thick hair, and 4)TEETH!!!!
:D